Adamus Resources Company Limited has challenged the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources to provide evidence that the company sublet its mining lease to another operator without the required ministerial approval, describing the allegation as inaccurate.
Speaking on the Citi Breakfast Show on Thursday, August 20, the company’s Head of Exploration and Geology, Ekow Taylor, strongly denied that Adamus had subcontracted, transferred or sublet its mining lease to any third party.
“We’ve not sublet our mining lease to anybody. We can’t do that. It has not happened. I can confidently say that we have the evidence in front of me. We’ve provided evidence,” he said.
Mr Taylor said Adamus had already submitted documentation to the relevant authorities to demonstrate that it had not breached the conditions of its mining lease.
He also rejected claims that the company had been conducting mining operations without approved operational plans or valid operating permits issued by the Chief Inspector of Mines.
According to him, Adamus’ mining activities were undertaken under the necessary regulatory approvals, arguing that an operational plan forms part of the requirements for obtaining a mining operating permit.
“We are mining because we have the mining lease. Before the Ministry issues your mining lease, you have to provide your operations plan,” he said.
Mr Taylor therefore questioned the basis of the government’s claim that Adamus had been operating without a valid permit, insisting that the company had the requisite authorisation to undertake its mining activities.
His comments follow the government’s decision to uphold the revocation of Adamus Resources’ mining leases after a Ministerial Review Committee considered appeals filed by the company.
The Minister for Lands and Natural Resources, Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah, said the review committee had largely affirmed the breaches identified in the initial assessment, leading to a decision for the Minerals Commission to take over operations at the Adamus mine.
The government has cited alleged mining outside approved areas, regulatory breaches and outstanding financial obligations among the reasons for maintaining the revocation.
Adamus, however, has rejected key aspects of the government’s justification and is challenging the authorities to provide evidence to substantiate the allegations.
The company has also indicated that it intends to challenge the revocation of its mining leases, describing the decision as unlawful and contrary to Ghana’s mining laws.

