The government of Ghana has announced directives to help mitigate the current economic crises Ghana is facing.
Among the major directives geared at arresting the Economic crises is to halt hampers for this year’s Christmas celebration.
This was revealed by the finance minister, Hon. Men Ofori – Atta when presenting the 2023 budget at Parliament.
“Mr. Speaker, as a first step toward expenditure rationalisation, Government has approved the following directives which takes effect from January, 2023:
● All MDAs, MMDAs and SOEs are directed to reduce fuel allocations to Political
Appointees and heads of MDAs, MMDAs and SOEs by 50%. This directive applies
to all methods of fuel allocation coupons, electronic cards, chit system,
and fuel depots. Accordingly, 50% of the previous years (2022) budget allocation
for fuel shall be earmarked for official business pertaining to MDAs, MMDAs and
● A ban on the use of V8s/V6s or its equivalent except for cross country travel. All
government vehicles would be registered with GV green number plates from
● Limited budgetary allocation for the purchase of vehicles. For the avoidance of
doubt, purchase of new vehicles shall be restricted to locally assembled vehicles;
● Only essential official foreign travel across government SOEs shall be
allowed. No official foreign travel shall be allowed for board members.
Accordingly, all government institutions should submit a travel plan for the year
2023 by mid-December of all expected travels to the Chief of Staff;
● As far as possible, meetings and workshops should be done within the official
environment or government facilities;
● Government sponsored external training and Staff Development activities at the
Office of the President, Ministries and SOEs must be put on hold for the 2023
● Reduction of expenditure on appointments salary freezes together with
suspension of certain allowances like housing, utilities and clothing, etc.;
● A freeze on new tax waivers for foreign companies and review of tax exemptions
for free zone, mining, oil and gas companies;
● A hiring freeze for civil and public servants
● No new government agencies shall be established in 2023;
● There shall be no hampers for 2022;
● There shall be no printing of diaries, notepads, calendars and other promotional
merchandise by MDAs, MMDAs and SOEs for 2024;
● All non-critical project must be suspended for 2023 Financial year”
What do you say about this?
Content created and supplied by: realglobal (via Opera
, . , . () , , , , , , , , . / , and/or . , , and/or , and/or