Mohamed Salah’s new £400,000-per-week salary at Liverpool makes him one of the best-paid footballers across the globe.
Following months of speculation about the Egyptian’s future, the Reds stunned the world by announcing on Friday he had agreed to a new contract to stay at Anfield until 2025.
Having seen Sadio Mane depart the club for Bayern Munich last month, Jurgen Klopp will be delighted to keep hold of Salah, who has been instrumental in the Reds’ success over recent years.
It is therefore unsurprising that his improved wages make him the highest-paid player in Liverpool’s history.
Salah is also now the biggest earner in the whole of the England Premier League, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kevin De Bruyne, who are on reported salaries of £385,000-per-week.
Manchester City’s newest recruit Erling Haaland is close behind on £375,000-per-week, the same wage as Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.
Salah, 30, ranks as the fourth highest-paid footballer worldwide but his salary is dwarfed by those ahead of him — all of whom play for Qatari-backed Paris Saint-Germain.
Neymar comes in at third place with £606,000 per week, but there is then a huge jump to the top two.
Lionel Messi actually took a pay cut when he joined PSG from Barcelona last summer, but he is still on a staggering salary of £960,000-per-week.
HIGHEST-PAID PLAYERS IN WORLD FOOTBALL
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) — £1,000,000-per-week
2. Lionel Messi (PSG) — £960,000-per-week
3. Neymar (PSG) — £606,000-per-week
4. Mo Salah (Liverpool) — £400,000-per-week
5. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) — £385,000-per-week
6. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) — £385,000-per-week
7. Erling Haaland (Manchester City) – £375,000-per-week
8. David de Gea (Man Utd) — £375,000-per-week
9. Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid, on loan from Barcelona) — £356,000-per-week
10. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) — £350,000-per-week
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of . accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|