Mother dies with children in Tantra Hill Fire


Print

Accra, Sept. 27, GNA – A mother and her two
children have died from smoke inhalation following a fire that torched the
wooden structure in which they were sleeping at Tantra Hills, in Accra, in the
early hours Thursday.

An official statement issued by the Ghana
National Fire Service, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, in Accra, however, said
its officers rescued one person who had been sent t

Accra, Sept. 27, GNA – A mother and her two
children have died from smoke inhalation following a fire that torched the
wooden structure in which they were sleeping at Tantra Hills, in Accra, in the
early hours Thursday.

An official statement issued by the Ghana
National Fire Service, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, in Accra, however, said
its officers rescued one person who had been sent to the Anigya Hospital for
treatment.

The statement signed by the Head of Public
Relations of the Service, Ellis Robinson Okoe, Divisional Officer Grade II,
narrated: “The Ghana National Fire Service received a distress call at 0208hrs
received a distress call at 0208hrs reporting a fire outbreak at Tantra Hill.

“Personnel from the Amasaman Fire Station,
which is the nearest station to the fire scene, were immediately dispatched.

‘On arrival at 0228hrs it was observed that
the fire was well alight and had engulfed three (3) wooden structures used as
dwelling places at Trantra Hill.

“Firefighters upon arrival realised that
victims were trapped and immediately effected rescue as a result one casualty
was rescued and sent to Anigya Hospital for treatment.

“Sadly, at the end of the nearly two hours of
rescue and firefighting, three (3) people comprising a mother and her two (2)
children were found dead as a result of inhalation of smoke.”

The cause of fire, it said, is under
investigation.

GNA


قالب وردپرس

Comments