Fire Service blames near explosion at Mamba gas station on electrical fault

General News of Sunday, 3 December 2017

Source: citifmonline.com

2017-12-03

Billy Anaglatey urged all Gas stations to carry out regular electrical maintenance

The Ghana National Fire Service has blamed the near gas explosion at the Mamba Gas Filling Station on the Odorkor Mallam road on an electrical fault.

The fire, which started at about 9:00pm on Thursday, was brought under control by the timely intervention of the staff of the station.

The PRO of the Ghana Service, Prince Billy Anaglatey speaking to Citi News, stated that there is the need to educate people on regular maintenance of their electrical source to prevent fire outbreaks.

“We keep advising them on how to have regular maintenance on their electrical source, if you have an electrical system like they have, there are three main causes of electrical fire. One, it is about, the installation, the wiring system, the circuit and the switches you have in there, if they are old and overage the tendency that they will start fire is very high” he said.

He also emphasized that aside, installation, wiring system and circuits, the use of substandard electrical wires and switches can also cause fire in any household or institution, therefore Ghanaians should be wary of using substandard wires.

“Apart from the installation, we have these substandard electrical wires and switch within your premises that could cause fire” he said.

He also points to another aspect, which has to do with how we use our electrical source in terms of our facilities and appliances.

“There are people that overload these switches and sockets that can also easily cause fire within gas filling station that can result in disaster” he said.

Billy Anaglatey is thus urging all Gas stations to ensure that they carry out regular electrical maintenance on their facilities.

قالب وردپرس

Comments