Fire ravages shops at Tamale Central Market

A welder is reported to have started the fire

Fire has gutted some shops at the Tamale Central Market in the Northern Region Sunday morning leading to loss of money and property.

The fire was reported to have started after a welder working on one store in the market, stopped after a power cut.

Information available to Joy News is that the intermittent power cuts affected the equipment of the welder which started the fire and spread to other shops.

The situation was aggravated because the shop where the fire started sells firecrackers and they have ordered a lot with Christmas some few weeks away.

Officers of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) said they delayed in stopping the fire from spreading because of stalls and shops which restricted their movement.

A lot of the traders upon hearing the news of the fire rushed to the market to ascertain if they have been affected.

One of the owners of the two affected shops collapsed upon seeing her gutted shop and was rushed to the Tamale Teaching Hospital.

قالب وردپرس

Comments