I will crush Homowo miscreants – Ishmeal Ashitey

General News of Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Source: Classfmonline.com

2017-07-26

Reg Min Ishmael AshiteyGreater Accra Regional Minister Ishmael Ashitey

Greater Accra Regional Minister Ishmael Ashitey has revealed that he has had fruitful engagements with chiefs in the various Ga communities and urged them to find solutions to chieftaincy disputes so as to avert clashes during the annual Homowo festival.

“Usually, they create the problems during the Homowo festival because they want who will sprinkle the Kpokpoi (traditional Homowo food) and that is when you see them fighting one another. So we called them and warned them that we wouldn’t like to have any trouble during this Homowo,” he explained in an interview with Class91.3FM’s Moro Awudu on the Executive Breakfast Show on Wednesday, July 26.

He revealed that the security agencies are on high alert to crush any conflicts but maintained that the long term solution is for the clans and elders of the communities to install the rightful chiefs who will be respected by all.

Mr Ashitey urged individuals, including traditional leaders, not to be motivated by selfish gains to foment trouble.

“All the time it is about land. A land to be sold to get money; he will just go and put something on his wrist and then he will get some land guards and go out terrorising everybody but I have asked them to make sure that these things stop,” he added.

Sanitation

The minister revealed that 3,000 metric tonnes of waste is generated in the capital city daily out of which 90 percent is cleared by various waste management companies. The remainder 10 per cent filth is what desecrates the environment and, thus, asked residents to be responsible for the waste they create.

The minister was not happy about the theft of waste bins provided in some areas in the capital as it hampers proper waste disposal.

He also condemned people who steal metal drain covers for their personal use.

قالب وردپرس

Comments