Love Bite Paralyzes Woman


    The next time you find yourself getting intimate, be sure to cover your neck — a hickey might be more dangerous than you thought.
    That’s right, a woman in New Zealand suffered a small stroke that partially paralyzed her after receiving a hickey — or as the Kiwis call it, a “love bite” — from her eager bedfellow, reported New Zealand Medical Journal.
    At first, doctors struggled to find the cause of the stroke, until they discovered a small “bruise” on the woman’s neck — located very close to a major artery.
    The force of the hickey-giver’s suction had caused a blood clot in the artery, which then travelled to the woman’s heart, doctors told the The Press. The woman made a full recovery.