7.3 C
London
Wednesday, December 8, 2021

100 students rushed to hospital over suspected food poisoning

Array

Over one hundred students of the Archbishop Porter’s Girls Senior High School in Takoradi were on Wednesday rushed to hospital over

suspected food poisoning.

At least, four ambulances are said to have carried the students to the Effiakwanta hospital for treatment.

Some parents, unsure of the conditions of their wards, reportedly besieged the school precincts but officials would not permit access.

Joy News’ Western Regional correspondent Kwaku Owusu Peprah described the situation as emotional.

Health officers would have to stay overnight to care for the ailing students, officials say.

The Western Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service told Joy News that up to 10 doctors and 20 nurses are on standby on campus to attend to the students.

She has ruled out suggestions of food poisoning until laboratory tests have been conducted.

Most of the students are complaining of diarrhoea whilst others are reporting headache or both.

Officials said there is no cause for alarm as “the situation is under control.”

Latest news
Related news