More than 48 hours after a bomb explosion happened at Asikolaye and Bakin Ruwa areas of Kaduna metropolis in Kaduna State, northern Nigeria, residents of the communities are still scared that another bomb blast could occur anytime soon.
It could be recalled that a bomb blast was reported to have happened in the areas at about 8:00pm on Tuesday, 1 July, 2014 where at least two people were confirmed dead and others injured.
The incident which occurred very close to a football viewing centre and some private schools was reported to also shatter glass windows of some of the surrounding buildings and nearby vehicles.
According to a latest report published by ChannelsTV website, residents in Asikolaye and Bakin Ruwa are still scared that the masterminds of the attack may be planning a fresh attack.
It was gathered that the residents are calling on security operatives to intensify surveillance within the state capital.
* Governor Yero of Kaduna state
A visit to the scene of the bomb blast by newsmen on Wednesday, 2 June, 2014 revealed that security operatives, who had already cordoned off the scene of the blast, barred journalists from getting close to the scene or taking shots of some of the affected vehicles and buildings.
Investigation showed that many shops and offices in the area are yet to open for business due to fear of a fresh attack.
Contrary to claim made by the Commissioner of Police in Kaduna State, Umar Shehu, that the blast caused no death and that only two people were injured in the blast, residents of the communities told journalists that the casualty figure may likely be more than two due to the impact of the explosion.
Also, a doctor in one of the hospitals where the injured victims of the explosion were taken to said they have been discharged.
While another source at the hospital informed that the victims had been moved to one of the military hospitals within the state capital for proper medical attention.
* Photo of bomb explosion in Kaduna
Meanwhile, Governor Mukhtar Yero has called on residents of the state to remain calm over the blast.
In a statement issued through his Director General, Media and Publicity, Mr Ahmed Maiyaki, the governor urged residents in Kaduna to be more vigilant about happenings around them and report suspicious characters or activities to nearest security agencies.
Though no person or group has claimed responsibility for the bomb explosion, many people believe it was carried out by the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram.
The terrorists sect has claimed responsibility for many terror attacks across Nigeria since 2009 when its activities became more pronounced.
The United Nations, UN, few weeks blacklisted the group and its leader, Abubakar Shekau for perpetrating terror attacks across Nigeria and its neighbouring countries like Cameroon and Niger Republic.