A Week-Old Boy Killed By Family Pet

A week-old boy has died after being bitten by his family’s pet dog in Shropshire.

Harry Harper died in hospital after emergency crews were called to what is believed to be his grandparents’ house in Ketley on Tuesday morning.

West Mercia Police said the incident appeared to be “a tragic accident” and the Jack Russell had been destroyed.

A statement from Harry’s family said there were “no words to describe the loss we have suffered”.

They said they were “absolutely devastated” and asked to be “left in peace to grieve and deal with our loss”.

Emergency crews were called to a semi-detached house, thought to belong to Harry’s grandparents Gordon and Teresa Bell, in Woodside Road just before 08:00 GMT.

The baby was taken to the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford but died soon after, police said.

Det Ch Insp Neil Jamieson said: “The dog in question was a family pet, a Jack Russell, and this animal has been put down.

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7302103714501030"; /* Ad7 */ google_ad_slot = "5463458108"; google_ad_width = 336; google_ad_height = 280; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>