Military begins investigation into Volta shooting incident
The military has begun investigations into a deadly shooting incident in which a military man reportedly fired into a group of rampaging youth in Xikpo in the South Tongu District of the Volta Region.
Three members of the youth were reported to have died following the chaotic scene on the Accra-Aflao road, Wednesday.
The angry residents were protesting a sad incident in which a school boy was said to have been hit by a Hyundai vehicle, Tuesday morning.
The residents claimed there had been many of such of accidents which had led to needless deaths in the past six months.
According to them, several appeals to authorities to construct speed rumps on that stretch of road to prevent such accidents from happening had fallen on deaf ears.
On Tuesday, the angry residents took the law into their own hands and blocked the main Accra-Aflao road to protest the accident involving the school boy.
That led to serious vehicular traffic for well over five hours. The military were reported to have been invited to restore law and order.
One of military men was said to have accidentally fired into the angry crowd leading to the reported deaths.
A source at the Military told Myjoyonline.com they have taken serious view of the incident and have begun investigations into it.
He dismissed claims that the soldiers were assigned to go and maintain law and order at the scene of the incident, explaining that the soldiers, like other motorists were caught up in the traffic and decided to intervene.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.