According to reports by the managing director of footy-Ghana Christopher Opoku, there are some unbelievable things happening at the Black Stars camp in Brazil that are hard to swallow. The Black stars players already boycotted a press conference over hotel conditions before the USA game and now this!!
At the center of it all is bra Kelvin Prince Boateng and head coach Akwasi Appiah.
In a Facebook post, Christopher writes:
As unbelievable as these things may sound, here are bits of credible info picked up from Brazil.
1. Kwesi Appiah was involved in an altercation with Kevin-Prince Boateng yesterday after Appiah thought that a comment Boateng made to Sulley Muntari was aimed at him. According to reports, Appiah swore at Boateng, who questioned why the head coach was shouting at him in front of every body.
2. Appiah later on broke down in tears when the Black Stars entourage was having dinner and he had to be escorted out of the dining area by Prof. Kwame Mintah.
3. According to deputy Sports Minister, Joseph Yamin, the players’ insistence on receiving their appearance fees in cash has led to the money being kept in a bullion truck at the Kotoka International Airport, awaiting clearance before a jet would transport the money to the boys in Brazil.
4. Players are now threatening not to train until they are paid.
5. Kevin Prince Boateng might be thrown out of camp but the matter is still being discussed.