Chelsea lost 3-0 to Leeds United on Sunday and it would appear that defeat has sparked the Blues into action.
New owner Todd Boehly has been keen to make his mark since arriving at Stamford Bridge, bringing in Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly and Marc Cucurella among others.
But head coach Thomas Tuchel wants more. Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana is a priority target for the defence, while last week Chelsea had two bids rejected by Everton for Anthony Gordon.
Now it would appear the Blues are confident of completing the signing, while they are also reportedly in talks to land a second attacker.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA IN FOR GORDON AND LEAO
The Times reports that Chelsea will this week push ahead and match Everton’s £50million asking price for winger Gordon, who scored four goals in a breakthrough Premier League season last term.
Everton boss Frank Lampard stressed the importance of Gordon to his plans, and played the 21-year-old against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, but also suggested that a decision might have to be made if a bid was too good to turn down.
Gordon might also be joined in moving to Stamford Bridge by Milan star Rafael Leao. The Portugal international scored 11 times for the Rossoneri as they won Serie A last season, and the same report claims that Chelsea are in talks with the Italian champions over a move for the 23-year-old.
– Several outlets are reporting that West Ham have struck a deal with Chelsea to sign left-back Emerson Palmieri for around £13million.
– Eric Bailly is close to joining Marseille on loan from Manchester United, according to Fabrizio Romano.
– The Telegraph claims Newcastle United have been told they must pay £30million to buy striker Joao Pedro from Watford.
– Villarreal coach Unai Emery told El Larguero that Edinson Cavani could join the club, while he also said that Juan Foyth is of interest to Barcelona.
– Everton were hoping to have Idrissa Gueye and Mohammed Kudus signed but have bumped into difficulties with Paris Saint-Germain and Ajax respectively, says The Times.
– Fabrizio Romano also reports that Fulham and Roma will hold further talks this week over Justin Kluivert.
– Barca defender Samuel Umtiti will join Lecce, says Gianluca Di Marzio.