6.8 C
London
Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Injury seemingly forces Jannik Sinner to withdraw from Halle

- Advertisement -

World No. 12 Jannik Sinner appears not to have recovered from a knee injury as he has withdrawn from next week’s ATP event in Halle. Sinner, 20, had been expected to make his Halle main draw debut this year. Unfortunately for the Halle organizers, German tennis fans won’t have a chance to see Sinner in action at the tournament this year.

.

Sinner tried to reach the Halle main draw in 2019 but back then failed to make it past the qualifying event.

Now, Sinner is a top-15 player and he can directly enter whichever tournament he wants.

Sinner contracted a knee injury at the French Open

Sinner was forced to retire his French Open last-16 match because of a knee injury.

Andrey Rublev was 1-6 6-4 2-0 up when Sinner decided to end the match. “What happened? It happened that I felt quite good or quite okay in the first set,” Sinner explained. “And then after, at 2-1 when I was serving, a felt a big, I don’t know how you call it, yeah, something.

And from that point I felt it too much. And then I was hoping that it’s going to go away, but it didn’t. So playing like this was, unfortunately, not the right thing to do. And, yeah, let’s see what what, we’ll test tommorow and the next day, so let’s see.”

Sinner was bothered by a knee issue before the Rublev match but the doctors gave him the green light to play. “No, it was at one point two days ago and today was in a different point. But they told me that there is no problem or no risk and I tried to push.

And as I said, the point where, when i jumped for the serve, I felt something strange which hurt me very much and, yeah, I was in this situation,” Sinner said. It remains to be seen if Sinner will be ready for Wimbledon.

Source

Latest news
Related news