A man’s extravagant and romantic proposal plans went totally wrong after he accidentally set fire to his own apartment following lighting hundreds of candles.
According to reports sighted on twitter by South Yorkshire Fire Service and Rescue Service in England, who responded to a house fire in on Monday night, revealed that it was caused by a man who left hundreds of tea light candles burning while he left the flat to pick up his girlfriend from work.
The man, whose name was not disclosed, set the scene for his proposal with balloons and a bottle of wine, before lighting masses of candles.
However, when they returned, the flat was overwhelmed in flames.
“This was going to be the scene of a romantic proposal and the occupant, a chap who we shall not name, had really gone to town!. The man then left the flat, with the candles still burning, to go around the corner to pick his girlfriend up, thinking the scene would be ready for the big moment. Fortunately, our firefighters dealt with the fire quickly and nobody was injured.” The fire service said.
This man must have gone crazy upon seeing the flames as photos from the scene showed the charred and blackened remains of the tea lights and balloons, as well as ruined floors and walls.
Nevertheless, the fire service added that the lady regardless of the unfortunate incident said yes to the proposal.
“As a bonus, she said YES!” the fire service stated.
“As romantic as they are, and as much as we all love ‘em, candles can be SO dangerous, please extinguish them properly when you’ve done; don’t put them near flammable items, like curtains; don’t leave 100s of tea lights unattended.” the fire service warned.
The newly-engaged couple received well wishes and messages of support from people responding to the thread on social media, although one person warned, “Don’t let him arrange the wedding.” Very funny.
See photo’s below:
Man burns down apartment in an attempt to propose to his girlfriend appeared first on .