31 Covid-19 patients have recovered – Dep. Health Minister

Thirty-one out of the 152 Coronavirus cases in Ghana have recovered, deputy health minister Alexander Abban has told Starr News.

“Government has been very resolute in the fight against coronavirus. We are happy to announce that of the 152 cases we have, 31 have recovered,” he told Starr News Ibrahim Alhassan Tuesday.

Meanwhile, twenty-two health professionals at the LEKMA Hospital at Teshie have been put in quarantine after a medical doctor at the facility tested positive for coronavirus.

The unnamed physician is believed to have contracted the virus at a different health centre where he works on part-time basis.

Some of his colleagues have told Starr News they are scared especially as there are not enough PPEs to work with.

Commenting on the development, the municipal health director for LEKMA Jackie Farijlani told Starr News Tuesday the health directorate has taken enough measures to ensure health professionals are protected.

“He contracted the virus from another place but he is our staff and this got to our attention on Friday. And since then we have placed about 22 of the people we believe he came into contact with into quarantine so we can avoid a possible spread if any,” she said.

Ghana has recorded 152 confirmed cases of Coronavirus with five (5) fatalities as of March 29,2020. The first confirmed case was recorded in March 13, 2020.

President of Ghana Akufo Addo on Friday, March 27, 2020, announced partial lockdown of the Nation’s Capital-Accra and Parts of Ashanti Region as an enhanced measure to prevent increasing community spread having closed down all Borders -Land,sea and Air space.

 

Source: Ghana/Starrfm.com.gh/103.5FM