Sports News of Sunday, 17 November 2019
Black Stars and Atletico Madrid star, Thomas Partey says he will take a picture with the Awal Suleman (the pitch invader) if it is needed.
25-year-old Awal Suleman earned his five minutes of fame on Thursday night when he led security officials on a hilarious chase on the pitch of the Cape Coast Stadium.
Awal Suleman had been in police custody since Thursday until he was released yesterday, Saturday, November 16, 2019.
Speaking on the pitch invader who claims he wanted a picture with him the midfielder says it is part of football and it has happened in several places.
“I think he came down to take pictures with everyone on the field and it is part of football.
I don’t see the importance of putting him in a difficult situation so they just have to understand and everyone has to play their role in this case”.
He also added if he was open to meeting Awal Sulemana as and when the opportunity presented itself.