General News of Sunday, 6 January 2019
The anticipation of Ghanaians in welcoming the New Year with hope and joy at the prospects of a fresh beginning has taken a nosedive following prophecies by popular ministers of God in the country declaring doom over the nation and some prominent leaders.
In a season ought to be highly filled with gratitude and positive expectations, many Ghanaians have been left worried and terrified by the recent predictions from pastors such as Reverend Isaac Owusu Bempah, Prophet Nigel Gaisie and Prophet Badu Kobi.
Not only can such messages of doom be distraughting to the public but also, they have a high chance of creating chaos and division among differing social groups- one of such being the recent attack at the Glorious Word and Power Ministry, founded by Rev Isaac Owusu-Bempah. A group, infuriated by his prediction that the National Chief Imam, Dr Sheikh Osmanu Nuhu Sharabutu will die in 2019, allegedly stormed the church premises in an attempt to vandalize his property and perhaps, leave a hint of warning for the servant of God.
This is among one of the many prophecies that was made by popular Prophets in the country at various watch night services organized on the 31st of December to usher people into the year ahead.
Below is the list of prominent people Rev. Owusu Bempah made predictions on;
Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia: According to Rev. Bempah, although an ‘unconfirmed’ prediction, an influential personality and the Vice President of Ghana may lose his life. Describing the incidence as seen in the spiritual realm, the Minister said all Ghanaians were clothed in black, signifying a season of mourning. He also added that it was organized as an Islamic burial and he heard voices crying out the Islamic phrase ‘Allahu Akba’ meaning God is the greatest. He then urged the public to pray to God to stop this from happening.
2. Former President John Dramani Mahama and Lordina Mahama: The Reverend stated again in another ‘unconfirmed’ prophecy that he had observed in the spiritual realm two graves, of which the bodies of a former President and a former First Lady of Ghana were buried. He said that in 2019, the spirit of death will welcome these two if prayers are not said to end the calamity.
3. President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo: The Reverend predicted that some people are plotting to poison the President of Ghana. He cautioned the congregation to pray, adding that the Lord’s hand is upon Akufo-Addo and his life is preserved as a result of his commitment to building a National Cathedral.
4. National Chief Imam Sheikh Nuhu Sharabutu: Rev Bempah revealed that he witnessed a star holding a lota and a talisman, and at his feet were many other stars. He encouraged Muslims to pray for the star which is likely to fall and cause national mourning.
5. John Kofi Agyekum Kufuor: According to Rev Bempah, he saw a former President laid in state and the country holding a national burial
6. A prominent chief might kick the bucket in Ghana: In his prophecy, the man of God said this is unconfirmed. Though he failed to mention the name of the particular chief, the prophecy seems to suggest that the chief in question is either the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II or the Okyehene, Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori Panin, both very prominent in Ghana.
7. Staff of Peace FM radio to die indiscriminately in 2019. He urged the staff to pray to avert the revelation.
In addition to these predictions, the Head Pastor of the Glorious Wave Chapel International, Prophet Emmanuel Badu Kobi also made some declarations including:
1. Muhammadu Buhari, the incumbent President of Nigeria, is hatching plans to rig the upcoming presidential and there will be an attack on the Electoral Commissioner of Nigeria.
2. Black Stars will not win the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
3. MP for Bawku Central constituency, Mahama Ayariga will be convicted and jailed this year
Again, founder and leader of the True Word Fire Prophetic Ministries Prophet, Nigel Gaisie, also joined in on the 2019 prophecies:
1. Someone was wearing President Akufo-Addo’s shoes, interpreted to suggest the President will lose the 2020 general elections
2. A popular GhOne female News anchor who hails from the Central Region of Ghana, specifically Cape Coast, will lose her life
3. 2019 would be a very difficult year for Kuami Eugene, Kidi and Kwesi Arthur
4. Ghana will have a female Vice President between the years 2020 and 2024
5. John Mahama will win NDC primaries massively
6. Customers of gold trading firm, Menzgold will not receive their money following its suspension
Moreover, Founder and general overseer of God’s Crown Chapel, Prophet Reindolph Oduro Gyebi, popularly referred to as Eagle Prophet, predicted that one of former President Mahama’s sons will die this year.
There have been various reactions to these prophecies, with majority disapproving the manner in which these messages of doom were delivered and the lack of sensitivity in spreading across such troubling predictions to incite fear in the public.