Vlakfontein murders – questions about blood on bedroom door

The bail application of the two men implicated in the killing of seven family members from Vlakfontein, south of Johannesburg, was delayed on Thursday because of a power cut at the Protea Magistrate’s Court.

Several cases heard before the matter were quickly postponed because of the cut.

The investigating officer in the case, Banele Ndlovu, was expected to return to the stand to complete his testimony.

In a bid to secure bail for his client, the lawyer of 61-year-old Fita Khupe emphasised that his client had not been in the country during the week that the family had been murdered. The lawyer said Khupe had not contacted the alleged mastermind of the crime. He said the bloodstains found in Khupe’s bedroom were brought in by the killer.

Cross-examining Ndlovu, Gerhard Landman said there were inconsistencies in the testimony of the other accused, “Sibusiso Khoza” *. Landman said his conclusion was that Khoza was the only person present when the family was bludgeoned to death.

Khupe had been in a long-standing relationship with Mbali Khoza, who was among the seven women and children killed while “Sibusiso Khoza” had met the family recently, having claimed to be a long-lost relative. He lied to the family about his identity.  

قالب وردپرس

Comments