More than 300 Metro Mass buses grounded over maintenance

General News of Sunday, 4 November 2018

Source: mynewsgh.com

2018-11-04

About 250 buses have been parked and ready to be sold as scraps

About 300 Metro Mass Transit (MMT) buses at Abrepo Junction in Kumasi have been grounded due to lack of regular maintenance, MyNewsGh.conm checks have revealed.

Metro Mass Transit was established in October 2003 with the Government of Ghana having 45%, the remaining 55% being held by a private investor.

A driver (name withheld) who has been working with the establishment since its inception in an interview with MyNewsGh.com’s Ashanti Regional Correspondent, revealed that most of the buses are not on the road due to lack regular maintenance.

According to him, some of the buses have been parked for more than 3 years for various degrees of maintenance requiAbout 300 Metro Mass Transit (MMT) buses at Abrepo Junction in Kumasi have been grounded due to lack of regular maintenance, MyNewsGh.conm checks have revealed.

Metro Mass Transit was established in October 2003 with the Government of Ghana having 45%, the remaining 55% being held by a private investor.

A driver (name withheld) who has been working with the establishment since its inception in an interview with MyNewsGh.com’s Ashanti Regional Correspondent, revealed that most of the buses are not on the road due to lack regular maintenance.

According to him, some of the buses have been parked for more than 3 years for various degrees of maintenance required with some in need of minor fixing such as change of brake pads.

He, however, blamed poor management for the litany of challenges affecting Metro Mass Transport (MMT) operations

Some passengers expressed worry about inadequate buses at the premises of Metro Mass Transit, making them stranded when travelling .red with some in need of minor fixing such as change of brake pads.

He, however, blamed poor management for the litany of challenges affecting Metro Mass Transport (MMT) operations

Some passengers expressed worry about inadequate buses at the premises of Metro Mass Transit, making them stranded when traveling.

One Passenger who was travelling to Wa, Kwame Yeboah Mensah at the time of our visit, urged management to put proper measures in place to address the issue.

Commenting on this issue, the Ashanti Regional Depot Manager for Metro Mass Transit (MMT), Nicholas Oduro admitted that some Metro Mass buses are not on the road because of their condition.

According to Nicholas Oduro, spare parts have been provided by management to fix buses which have been break down due to minor problems.

He disclosed that the poor road network in the country especially Ashanti Region has become a major challenge affecting the condition of the Metro Mass Transit (MMT) buses.

قالب وردپرس

Comments