Ghana eCommerce Awards launched | Business News 2018-10-31

Business News of Wednesday, 31 October 2018

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

2018-10-31

Paul Asinor, Event Director of OML Africa

With the purpose of recognizing and awarding online retail and payment industries for their innovative and standard excellence, OML Africa has officially launched the maiden Ghana eCommerce Awards here in Accra.

The eCommerce awards will also honor individuals who have achieved significant breakthroughs in innovation and whose pioneering work has resulted in a positive and profound impact on the eCommerce industry in Ghana.

After organizing the first Ghana eCommerce Conference in Ghana in 2013, OML Africa as part of its fifth anniversary decided to institute an awards scheme designed to identify, celebrate and reward individuals and companies who excel and show innovation in Ghana’s online business.

The awards will have 26 competitive award categories, 7 special recognition awards and 2 Lifetime Awards.

Preserving the integrity of these awards and judging purely upon excellence is the absolute priority of the Ghana eCommerce Awards. The judging process has been designed to ensure all entries are judged on their full merits, professionally and impartially.

Speaking at the launch, Event Director of OML Africa, Paul Asinor said “This year is our fifth anniversary in the area of organizing eCommerce events so we decided to institute an awards scheme designed to identify, celebrate and reward individuals and companies who excel and show innovation in Ghana’s online business space. It is also to bring global standards to all players in this space and encourage best practice”

“We want Ghanaian online shoppers to be have the quality they seek. Online shoppers should have the products delivered quickly. Online shoppers should not be victims of cybercrime. Online shoppers should be able to return damaged products by a reliable “Returns Policy” offered by online retailers”. He added

The Ghana eCommerce Awards is also dedicated to honour individuals, who have achieved significant breakthroughs in innovation and whose pioneering work has resulted in a positive and profound impact on the eCommerce industry in Ghana”.

Judges for the Ghana eCommerce Awards were handpicked by the organising team with a view to ensure that the highest standards and integrity are maintained. They represent a cross-section of the online business community.

The judges’ votes constitute 60% of the total verdict. The remaining 40% is by public vote by texting to 1903 on all mobile networks.

The winners will be announced and their awards will be presented on stage at the ceremony to be held on 30th November 2018 at Alisa Hotel, Ridge-Accra.

قالب وردپرس

Comments