Politics of Friday, 19 October 2018
The Campaign Coordinator for Joshua Alabi’s 2020 vision, Kwadjoga Adawudu has disputed that the departure of some key persons in the campaign means “things are falling apart” as MyNewsGH.com reported.
We earlier learnt that former Joshua Alabi campaign manager, Mr Daniel Annang defected to John Mahama’s team citing the autocracy and lack of focus of the campaign under Alabi.
MyNewsGh.com was informed that other players in the team have departed. Among them include one Paramza Kofi Hamza, Saki Kirsty, Ewoenam Jennifer, Humphery Datsomor among many others who no longer believe in the vision of the former UPSA VC.
The statement which was titled “resignation of volunteers” said the defectors were not “core” and that the core of the Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team members remain in place and are committed to this project. They continue to play their roles and live up to their responsibilities with utmost dedication, zeal and enthusiasm.”
The statement further said the “Campaign Team is not perturbed, affected or disadvantaged in any way, shape or form. The team is firmly focused on the present task and keeps looking forward.”
See Full Statement below
RESIGNATION OF VOLUNTEERS: THE PROF. JOSHUA ALABI CAMPAIGN MOVES FORWARD
Thursday, 18th October, 2018
It has come to our notice that some volunteers working with the Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team have issued statements to suggest that they have withdrawn their support and services. While we acknowledge the democratic right of everyone to associate with a candidate or otherwise, we firmly wish to put the following on record:
1. That the core of the Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team members remain in place and are committed to this project. They continue to play their roles and live up to their responsibilities with utmost dedication, zeal and enthusiasm.
2. The Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team is not perturbed, affected or disadvantaged in any way, shape or form. The team is firmly focused on the present task and keeps looking forward.
3. All supporters of Prof. Joshua Alabi are entreated to ignore the sensational news items on some online media portals suggesting that the Campaign Team has suffered a blow and treat same with the contempt that it deserves.
4. In fact, the members of the Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign are more energised than before, coupled with an unrelenting passion and conviction to see this project to its logical end of a resounding victory, with Prof. Joshua Alabi emerging as the Flagbearer of the NDC for the 2020 general elections and President of Ghana in January 2021.
5. The Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team reckons that the attention it has gained over the last few days is due to its formidability and strength which continues to grow on a daily basis, through endorsements and the pledge of massive support from delegates across the country, who are the true kingmakers of our great NDC party.
6. The Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team is scheduled to be in the Eastern Region next week to touch base with the grassroots of our party with the message of hope and empowerment.
7. Prof. Joshua Alabi continues to hold the firm belief that putting the grassroots at the centre of governance through the provision of ultramodern and multipurpose party offices, innovative funding methods and a reward scheme for hardworking party loyalists, is the surest way of building an effective and robust party machinery capable of delivering victory in the 2020 general elections and beyond.
Victor Kwadjoga Adawudu
(Campaign Coordinator, Prof. Joshua Alabi Campaign Team) Accra