Boateng’s apology should be the least of your worries – Abbey Pobi to Kwesi Appiah

Sports News of Thursday, 18 October 2018

Source: footballghana.com

2018-10-18

Coach Kwesi Appiah has said he might consider giving Prince Boateng a call up should he apologize

Chief Executive Officer of Neoplan Stars Mr. Jonathan Abbey Pobi, has expressed his disappointment in coach Kwesi Appiah for his decision to invite Kevin Prince Boateng, should the player apologize.

Pobi believes the 58-year-old gaffer must rather concentrate on building a formidable team for the future instead of focusing on the German-born Ghanaian.

He said the Black Stars have lost their glory and must be resuscitated as soon as possible hence there was no need to focus on the past but the future.

“Boateng’s apology is not the duty of coach Kwesi Appiah and I expect him to know better.”

“His job is to prepare the boys and focus on how best to manage and revive the national team and not engaging in unnecessary talks,” he fumed.

He also urged the former Ghana international to collaborate effectively with the technical team, scouts and develop talents of young players to revive the national team, instead of focusing on the return of Kelvin-Prince Boateng.

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, slapped an indefinite ban on Boateng, a former AC Milan midfielder now playing for Sassuolo, also another Italian Seria A side.

Coach Appiah, at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi last week said, he would consider a recall of Boateng, if he (Boateng) writes officially to apologise.

قالب وردپرس

Comments