One woman claims she was raped after a party, one says she was ‘hurt by Ronaldo’ and another says she signed a non-disclosure agreement with the footballer in 2009, although the nature of her allegation is not clear, according to a lawyer.
The attorney representing former model Kathryn Mayorga, who made the first accusation against Ronaldo, said he is probing the claims after one of the women phoned him.
‘I have had a call from a woman who claims to have had a similar experience,’ Leslie Stovall said on Sunday.
He later told The Sun: ‘I am following up to verify this information.’
Mr Stovall declined to name the American woman, but said he would hand her details to Las Vegas police who have reopened the 2009 case of alleged rape brought by Ms Mayorga.
Juventus star Ronaldo, 33, who previously played for Manchester United and Real Madrid, has strenuously denied all allegations of rape and sexual assault.
He last week described Ms Mayorga’s accusation as ‘fake news’, adding in a tweet: ‘Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.’
The allegations threaten a string of lucrative sponsorship and marketing deals – and Ronaldo’s freedom.
Nike, with whom he has a reported $1 billion lifetime deal, last week said it was ‘deeply concerned’. The sportswear giant’s shares fell when the rape allegation became public.
Ms Mayorga, 34, met the footballer in a nightclub in June 2009. She claims he invited her to his penthouse suite at the Palms Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and raped her.
She reported the attack to police, but the investigation was abandoned and Ms Mayorga claims she reached a £287,000 settlement with Ronaldo in 2010 in exchange for her silence.