General News of Wednesday, 19 September 2018
Striking Ashanti regional pro-NPP serial callers (Volunteer Media Communicators) have rescinded their action to not speak for the party.
This was announced by the Executives of the group at a Press Conference organized earlier today.
The group last week declared a sit-down strike over government neglect and lack of jobs.
The group made up of 64 members, for years have dedicated their lives and resources to defending the party while in opposition and in government since 1992.
However, this long time bond between the party and its serial callers in the Ashanti region is falling apart due to the ruling government’s failure to secure them jobs.
This compelled the group to hold a dramatic news conference in Kumasi to air their concerns to the party leadership to sack the Ashanti regional minister who they alleged was sabotaging the work of the president by failing to resources them to preach and defend the good work of the ruling party’s government.
The party’s communicators during the press briefing burnt all their mobile phones which they used to defend the ruling government both on political television and radio talk shows.
The action taken by the group after 24 hours caught the attention of the Information Minister and Mr. Gabby Okyere Darko a leading member of government to intervene for an amicable resolution.
An Executive member of the group, Eric Wiafe Akenteng told newsmen that the reason for the change in decision follows talks with revered party officials.
“It was an opportunity meeting a lot of these leaders and the assurance that has been given is enough for us. We are party members, though it doesn’t come as we’re speaking now but we trust what they told us. Those who met us we trust them. I mean most of them were even surprised that it has come this far, because to them most of our issues were petty things that the party could have solved for us earlier. So we think and believe that they’ll come to our aid and then we’ll solve our issues.”