General News of Friday, 21 July 2017
A Ghanaian living in France drove over 7k Km to Ghana with his BMW 7.
The motive for his journey, Nicholas Afedi Donkor said was to leave a good legacy for his child and to set world record.
“I like to challenge myself especially in driving so embarking on this journey to very exciting,” he added.
Nicholas is hoping to drive one of the Kantanka vehicles manufactured by Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo, founder and leader of the Kristo Asafo Church to South Africa to prove to the world that Ghanaians are also capable of manufacturing very good cars.
1. This is where the whole journey started:
2. Mr. Donkor, when he made it to Morocco.
3. Setting off from Morocco to Mali
4. Next stop was in the Malian capital, Bamako
5. Nicholas Donkor had to change his car tyre when he was en route to Burkina Faso
6. When he got to Mali and had to get his documents in order to fix his car
7. Working on his documents to move him from Mali to Burkina Faso and finally to Ghana.
8. Mr. Donkor makes it to Bobo Dioulasso, a town in between the borders of Mali and Burkina Faso. The town is some few kilometers away from Ghana.
9.He finally arrives safely in Ghana and heads for Bolgatanga, capital city of Upper East region
10. . Whilst at Bolgatanga Nicholas Donkor paid a courtesy call on the Upper East Regional Minister, Bukari Rockson.