Some executives and supporters of the governing New Patriotic Party in the South Dayi constituency of the Volta region have rejected the President’s District Chief Executive nominee for the area, Madam Ella Boateng.
The executives, who expressed disappointment about the president’s choice said she is not known as a member of the NPP in the area but rather an ally of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC).
“Here is a woman who bears no records in the NPP local domain. She had never been recorded or seen in any executive/general meetings; neither was she a benefactor of any sort or acted in any measure or sense for the course of our party,” the aggrieved executives said in a statement Thursday.
Alleging that, “the closest or remotest Ella Boateng ever got to our ranks was her ‘buoyant’ romantic relationship with our Regional Communications Director, Mr. Philipo Dati who should now be smiling all the way to the ‘bank’ at the news of Ella’s appointment.”
Madam Boateng is one of three women nominated among the 25 Municipal and District Chief Executives in the Volta region by the President Wednesday.
However, the party’s Communication officer, Daniel Kaklaku Dodou addressing a press conference at Peki on Thursday, also catalogued a litany of issues against the nominee for which they are vehemently opposed to her nomination as the South Dayi DCE.
Adding that, “We take strong exception to her Ella Boateng’s appointment and ask our National leadership to take a second look at this scheme in order to guarantee a smooth working atmosphere for a holder of such a sensitive office.”
Below are excerpts of their Statement
We humbly wish to protest vehemently against the nomination of Madam Ella Boateng as District Chief Executive for South Dayi District on the ticket of the NPP on the grounds that:
- She is not a loyal and committed member of NPP. She is a reject of the NDC.
- She is not qualified to be a District Chief Executive because she was voted out as an Assembly member when seeking re-election for non- performance and incompetence. She could not manage one electoral area how on earth can She manage twenty one electoral areas of the District.
- According to the vetting committee members, her name was not short listed because on merits she placed sixth out of ten applicants. But her name fraudulently and maliciously found its way on the list to the dismay of the majority of vetting committee members.
- Since she is not loyal to the NPP we don’t see how she can execute the ambitious programs of the president His Excellency Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo.
- She never attended any of our general meetings hence not eligible.
- It is an insult to impose Philipo Dati’s girlfriend which they both migrated from the NDC in recent times.
- Our opponent from the NDC are currently jubilating at her residence with the point that their prayer has come to succession which their own has been chosen finally even though they are opposition.
- Our membership currently in South Dayi is not encouraging and choosing Ella Boateng is a clear signal there will not be any existence of NPP in South Dayi hence forth.
- We employ the national security, the Presidency to investigate the circumstances surrounding the omission of Mr. Ernest Patrick Mallet’s name at the regional level and changed it with Ella Boateng which is criminal.
- The fortunes of the NPP began to dwindle in 2008 when Philipo Dati imposed a loyal NDC Bernard Douse on us a parliamentary candidate. NPP will further go down if Philipo Datiis allowed imposing his loyal NDC girl lover on us as the DCE.