The shareholders of Accra Great Olympics FC have formally appointed Swedish Tom Marcos Christian Strand as the new Head Coach of the club and will be assisted by two coaches Godwin Attram and Stephen Botchway.
Strands appointment was part of a five-point Rescue Plan proposed by the Global Village Group, following the poor performance of the team in the ongoing GPL 2016/2017, which necessitated a meeting of the Club’s Shareholders where it received anoverwhelming majority votes of over eighty percent (80%).
The formal acceptance of the plan brings to the fore some very key and new directions expected to bring significant transformation to the Team’s overall performance in the GPL:
- Swedish Coach Tom Strand has been confirmed with immediate effect, as the new Head Coach of Accra Great Olympics, and will be officially outdoored at the Team’s Camp, Wednesday 12th April 2017.
- Godwin Attram has been offered the position of Assistant Coach alongside the existing Stephen Botchway to work under the Head Coach Strand.
- The talent screening campaign for the acquisition of top quality Strikers and Offensive Midfielders has been fully activated and will see a massive and rigorous campaign both on TV and other media platforms to discover players from all over the country.
- Sponsorship syndication with shopping giants, Melcom and other potential sponsors, to boost Players’ winning bonuses and other motivational packages such as the introduction of the club bus will now be formally finalized.
- As a first step towards raising funds aimed at rescuing and solidifying the Club’s finances, existing Shareholders have set the leading example; thus, agreed in principle to relinquish 15-20% of their shares in honoring this course.
- Ahead of the GPL second round, the special Fund Raising Gala Dinner Dance for the Club will come off this year and will bring together the “Club’s Old Guards”, Executives and potential sponsors in a memorable occasion that is not only expected to revive the Club’s finances, but also rekindle the “patriotic” spirit of every follower of Olympics.
We would therefore like to use this opportunity to first of all thank everyone who similarly shared in our vision and also urge all of us; Shareholders, Management Team, Players, Supporters to as a matter of urgency and with the Club’s overarching interest as our motivation, give this Plan, including the new Head Coach Tom Strand, our unreserved support, no matter how little, and bring our great Club back to its rightful position in the League.