Death Row Records founder Suge Knight has been hospitalized in Los Angeles for ‘life threatening’ blood clots.
The rap mogul, 50, was taken to the Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center from a LA jail where he is behind bars awaiting trial for murder.
The news was confirmed to the NY Daily News Wednesday by Knight’s fiancee Toi-Lin Kelly.
‘I am worried because Suge is supposed to receive the proper medical care everyone in custody is entitled to, she told the newspaper. ‘Doctors have said Suge’s blood clots are life threatening.’
Knight has been in jail since his arrest for mowing down two men in a burger stand parking lot in Compton in 2015, killing businessman and friend Terry Carter and injuring Cle ‘Bone’ Sloan.
The two men had been working as security on the location set for the NWA movie Straight Outta Compton and had got into a dispute with Knight earlier in the day.
Prosecutors have charged Knight with murder and attempted murder. He has pleaded not guilty and claims he accidentally struck Carter as he fled the scene in fear for his life suspecting an armed ambush.
Knight’s health while behind bars, where he’s being held on $10 million bail, has been up and down.
He has been taken to hospital multiple times and underwent an emergency appendectomy in March 2016.
Kelly reiterated Knight’s longstanding complaint that his health is being compromised by being in jail.
‘It has been two years of in and out of the hospital, dealing with the same blood clots,’ Kelly told the NY Daily News. ‘I am not confident they care about his well-being, if at all.’