Those suffering from arthritis would readily tell you that living with debilitating joint pain and fatigue can make s*x feel like an unpleasant chore!
The key to maximising pleasure and alleviating pain is to plan ahead a little bit, says integrative physician, Dr. Andrea Pennington.
How do you plan ahead? This way…
Take a walk. Dr. Pennington counsels, “If, like many arthritis sufferers, you find that your pain is worse in the mornings, make time for s*x in the afternoon or evening, after you’ve had a chance to walk around and be active. “This helps your joints to be more limber so that when it’s time to have s*x, you’ll be less stiff.” She recommends staying active with as much daily walking as you can tolerate.
Prolong the foreplay. She advises those suffering from arthritis to learn to prolong the foreplay with a warm bath or a gentle massage. “In addition to relaxing your joints and melting away stress, it can go a long way toward putting you in the mood,” she says.
Be strategic with s*x position. The physician says you should be strategic about the s*x positions. “Doggy-style and standing-up s*x might put a lot of pressure on your joints, but there are plenty of others left to try out,” she says.
The five recommended s*x positions for an arthritis sufferer are the following…
- Missionary: The missionary position makes it easy for an arthritis sufferer because, lying on your back gives your swollen knees a break. To make it easier, you can put cushions or pillows underneath your hips or knees to alleviate pressure.
- Spooning: Lie on your side and have your partner enter you from behind. This is gentle on both your hips and knees and it is a particularly good position if both of you suffer from joint pain or arthritis.
- Woman on top: If being on your back with your partner on top creates too much pressure, switch places so that you can control the movement and speed. Keeping your legs close together can help reduce discomfort; but if you tend to suffer from bad hip pain, you may want to avoid this one.
- Sitting: If your partner is the one suffering from arthritis, having him sit in a chair while you wrap your legs round him/her will take pressure off the knees and hips (and maybe give you one fantastic climax).
- Facing each other: Like spooning, having both of you lying down facing each other with your leg over your partner’s side is gentle on your knees and back.
The bottom line: The best position for you is whatever works! It might take a few trials, but that’s part of the fun.
Ad ==> A Former One Minute Man Who Now Last 30mins In Bed Reveals The Secret Of His New Strength