Pins and needles sensation! We all feel them occasionally.
It may be that you have sat down for too long, or probably because you slept in an awkward position. It might even be because you kept your legs crossed for too long and when you got up to stretch them, you felt that prickly sensation as if you’ve just stepped on a bed of pins or needles!
Experts say if this happens occasionally, no cause for concern; but if it happens fairly frequently, you may need to see the doctor.
What are the common causes of tingling or numbness in hands and feet? See them all below;
• A pinched nerve in your neck or back: If pain and tingling sensations radiate from your neck to your arms or from your back to your feet, you might have a pinched nerve caused by an injury, poor posture, or an underlying condition like arthritis.
• Vitamin deficiency: If the tingling is happening in both of your hands (not just one), a lack of vitamin B12 could be to blame. You’d also likely feel tired and lethargic, and you might have anaemia.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Repetitive motion such as typing or vibrations can end up compressing a nerve in your wrist and, in turn, cause tingling in your hands. If carpal tunnel syndrome is diagnosed, you may need to modify the way you perform daily activities.
• Cervical or spinal stenosis: A narrowing of the spaces in the spinal canal in the neck or spine can put pressure on the spinal cord and/or nerve roots, causing tingling sensations, explains Dr. Esther Young, a neurologist.
• Diabetes: Whether you have full-blown diabetes or insulin resistance, high blood sugar acts as a toxin to nerves, and can cause tingling in the hands and feet.
• Hypothyroidism: An under-active thyroid can cause tingling, as well as fatigue, sensitivity to cold, unexplained weight gain, dry skin, and hair loss.
• Multiple sclerosis: If you have weakness with the numbness or tingling sensations, plus symptoms like double vision, clumsiness, or bladder- or bowel-control problems, multiple sclerosis could be the culprit.
Ad ==> A Former One Minute Man Who Now Last 30mins In Bed Reveals The Secret Of His New Strength