Boy,12, Electrocuted In Takoradi – Daily Guide Africa

A school boy said to be about 12-years-old met his untimely death yesterday after he was allegedly electrocuted at the old Accra Station, near the Takoradi Market Circle at about 4 pm on Tuesday.

The unidentified boy was reportedly electrocuted when he sought refuge near a container during the heavy downpour.

Unknowing to the school boy, the metal container had been electrified.

DAILY GUIDE gathered that residents were afraid to rescue the little boy for fear of being electrocuted.

The paper learnt that a policeman mustered courage and dragged him into a nearby taxi cab.

He subsequently rushed him to the Seventh Day Adventist Hospital in Takoradi.

According to officials of the hospital, the little boy died before being transported to the hospital.

The eyewitnesses said apart from the deceased, five other persons, who sought refuge near the container, were also electrocuted.

They were also resuscitated and conveyed to the Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital in Sekondi for further treatment.

The floods submerged some parts of the city including the Takoradi Market Circle, Lagos Town, Kwesiminstim and Anaji.

Most of the workers were stranded as a result of the torrential rains while properties worth hundreds of Ghana cedis were destroyed.

Meanwhile, the police have begun investigations into the case.

In a related development, DAILY GUIDE has gathered that some police men at the Effiakuma Police barracks were rendered homeless after the collapse of their building.

From Emmanuel Opoku, Takoradi

 

Comments