Revealed: Attack on Policeman at Flagstaff House was revenge

General News of Thursday, 23 February 2017



Flagstaff House Attackplay videoThe officer was stopped and dragged out of the vehicle by the charged ‘Invisible Forces’

Information gathered by indicates that the stoutly built civilian, thought to be a member of the ‘Invisible Forces’, a vigilante group aligned with the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP), who assaulted a policeman, ASP Nanka Bruce at the seat of government – the Flagstaff House, did so on a mission of revenge.

The civilian [name withheld], who is an ex-police officer, was reportedly arrested by ASP Nanka Bruce sometime back and beaten up after he was suspected of throwing some material onto the compound of Flagstaff House, while he was jogging.

The civilian soon after the NPP won power, saw the victory as a fine opportunity for him to exact his pound of flesh and so went in search of ASP Nanka Bruce, and when he eventually found him, subjected him to beating with the assistance of members of the ‘Invisible Forces’.

The attack on the policeman on January 9 – on the day President Akufo-Addo officially started work after his swearing in was captured on CCTV.

The video which went viral on social media, showed the ‘vigilante group’ chasing ASP Nanka Bruce who sought refuge in a police vehicle.

The officer, who was said to be on secondment at the Flagstaff House during the John Mahama administration, was seen moving out of the premises of the presidency, but was accosted and stopped by an armed military officer and was later assaulted and forced out of the car, in spite of attempts by senior police officers to rescue him and restore sanity.

The heavily built men known in the local parlance as ‘Macho men’ pushed and shoved the uniformed policemen until a few military personnel came to the scene to salvage the situation.

The latter part of the two minutes and thirty-two seconds video depicts how some unseen faces broke into the garage of ASP Bruce and towed away two of his cars.

Meanwhile, can categorically state that the Soldier who was arrested for leaking the video was released on Tuesday night from Guard room after he was handed over by the BNI authorities to the Military.