Entertainment of Sunday, 15 January 2017
English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran has disclosed he knocked off in a “little box” for close to six hours during his stay in Ghana after sampling a drink mixed with weed.
The ‘Thinking out Loud’ singer revealed he was trying a local drink called “shocker” and he really had a shock of his life when the liquor overpowered him.
“I went to Ghana in Africa, which was a wonderful country, and they make this drink called Shocker, which is vodka, pineapple juice, coconut juice, and rum, and then they soak an ounce of weed in it, and I didn’t know this,” Sheeran reveals to BuzzFeed .
“So, they said, ‘This is Shocker, go easy on it.’ And I was like, ‘I’m Irish!’ And then I was just drinking loads of it.
“And they’re like, ‘No, no, no, no, no!’ And then suddenly I was like, ‘Woooh.’
“So yeah, that was a crazy, crazy experience because I just ended up being kind of comatose for about six hours, just kind of sitting in a corner. Don’t try it at home.”
He added: “I was just in a little box just kinda like, when do I get out of this box? I’m not big [and] when I was younger I used to dabble, and I just can’t, I can’t do it anymore. ‘
“It just doesn’t agree with me. So yeah, it really didn’t agree with me then,” the pop sensation remarked in a candid Instagram story.
He was in Ghana a few months ago to record ambience for his new album Divide.