1. Instead of stacking up your books vertically, try to stack them up horizontally too. A mix between horizontal and vertical book stacking can be a winning formula.
2. Add a leaned piece of framed artwork on the bookshelf, as it adds a lot of personality to your bookcase.
3. On top of horizontally stacked books, put a piece of accessory like a vase or a picture frame.
4. Add some flower pots, but make sure to use fake/plastic flowers, so you don’t have to water them. This way, you can totally avoid accidents.
5. Make it personal by adding some family pictures and keepsakes, like travel souvenirs you collected.
6. Color coordinate your books for a cooler effect.
7. Pick the pretty book covers or the ones with a cool title, and put them on display.
8. Make sure to add some bookends. They’ll add so much to the look of your bookcase. They more interesting the bookends are, the cooler your bookcase will look.