Ho Nursing Students Escape Death

Some students of the Ho Nursing Training College (NTC) in the Volta Region, who were making preparations for the inauguration of new project on campus, have been electrocuted.

The students, numbering about five, narrowly escaped death when the metallic frame of a canopy they were relocating unfortunately touched a high tension electricity transmission line.

Eyewitnesses revealed that the students immediately fell unconscious after the incident.

The incident led to temporary chaos at the venue, as both students and guests at the venue ran helter-skelter to save their lives.

Some of the students mustered courage and quickly rescued the victims.

They rushed them to the Volta Regional Hospital (Trafalgar), which is very close to NTC.

Another eyewitness told Accra-based Starr News that “the students were moving a canopy to another location, and then all of a sudden, they fell flat on the ground semi-unconscious. Their shoes were on fire, so some of their colleagues rushed to pull them off. The school pick-up and another vehicle moved to scene to transport them to the hospital.”

The incident nearly marred the planned inauguration of the classroom block.

Alex Segbefia, the Minister of Health, Member of Parliament (MP) of Ho Central, Benjamin Kpodo and other dignitaries, earlier visited the victims at the health facility.

Mr. Segbemfia, who described the incident as unfortunate, thank God for His intervention and commended staff of Trafalgar for their quick response and excellent services.

He reiterated the commitment of government to foot the bill of the students until they fully recover.

Mr Kpodo, who initiated the project, was hopeful the victims would recuperate soon and join their colleagues in class.

He also cautioned those who would dismantle the canopy after the event to be careful in order not to suffer the same feat.

From Fred Duodu, Ho ([email protected])

 

 

 

 

 

Comments