Actress Eyes African Broadcaster Of The Year Award

Regina Adu Safowaah2

PANAFEST brand ambassador, Adu Safowaah Regina, who was adjudged Ghana’s Most Promising Star at the 2015 Kumawood Akoben Film Festival Awards (KAFF Awards), has been nominated for the 2015 African Broadcaster Awards by the Nigerian Broadcaster Merit Awards.


Regina Adu Safowaah, one of Ghana’s fast rising actresses, has played supporting roles in over 15 movies, including ‘Contract’, ‘House of Gold’, ‘Today’s Woman’, Circles of Pleasure, among others.

Nominated for the category of African Broadcaster of the Year 2015, Regina is hopeful to bring the award home. Her nomination comes weeks after she was adjudged the Most Promising Star at the Kumawood Akoben Film Festival Awards (KAFF) 2015, which was held last month at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Kumasi.

The Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) which will be held in Abuja, Nigeria on Saturday, February 27, is an event organised annually to recognise excellence of professionals in the African/Nigerian broadcast industry.

She has been nominated alongside Peace Hyde and Anita Erskine in the same category.


Safowaah, host of Market Plus on Cine Plus Television, a channel on Multi TV and the Chocho Concert Party, won the Best New Actress Award at the City People Awards in Nigeria held in August 16, 2015 at the plush Timesquare Event Centre, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.

A graduate from the University College of Management Studies, Safowaah is one of the fresh faces to watch out for in the Ghanaian movie industry in the near future.

The actress, who chose acting because she loves to educate and entertain people, started her acting career in March 2012.  When asked how she felt when she received the nomination for the African Broadcaster Of The Year 2015, she said, “I became happy and excited.”

Fans of Adu Safowaah Regina can vote for her by visiting or in Nigeria via shortcode: type nbma, insert a space, type the nominee’s shortcode and send to 33811 on MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and GLO.

Votes from the public comprise 60 percent of the final result, while the other 40 percent is based on research, survey and agency reports.


By George Clifford Owusu