Industry watchers in Ghana’s banking sector probably did not see this one coming; that after resigning from Zenith Bank, Daniel Asiedu would head to Agricultural Development Bank (adb) which has seen so much controversy in the last few months.
Industry rumours even said he had decided to go into full time preaching of the gospel.
Daniel Asiedu has however rolled up his sleeves to replace Stephen Kpodzih in that ADB hot chair.
ADB is currently on the stock market with its initial public offer (IPO), which according to industry watchers, is not receiving the needed attention.
The bank’s image has also taken a beating after all the controversy surrounding its initial attempts to sell some of its shares to international investors.
But Daniel Asiedu’s history and experience (below) may give interested parties an idea about what he can or cannot do, in the face of these challenges.
- Mr. Asiedu is a Chartered Accountant with about twenty years working experience.
- Mr. Asiedu has worked with Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Volta River Authority (VRA) and Standard Trust Bank, now UBA.
- He is also Motivational Speaker and Reverend Minister of the Gospel.
- Mr. Asiedu was the first Ghanaian employee of Zenith Bank Ghana when he joined as the Chief Operating Officer in 2005.
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria and an Executive Masters degree in Business Administration from the University of Ghana.
- He has attended courses in reputable institutions such as Harvard Business School, Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, Stanford Graduate Business School, Kellogg School of Management, INSEAD and Euromoney Training.
- He is an honoured member of the WHO Historical Society of Professionals.
- He has won key accolades for service excellence such us Outstanding Role Model Award ,2008 and 2009, and Exceptional Leadership Award, 2008, all at Zenith Bank Ghana.
- Mr. Asiedu supervised the bank to win the Bank of the Year, Ghana, 2015 by “The Banker Magazine”.
- Mr. Asiedu steered the bank to be the 6th most prestigious organization in the Ghana Club 100 Rankings for the year 2014 and the Best Banking Group in Ghana 2015 by World Finance.
- Mr. Asiedu was the Chief Operating Officer of the Zenith Bank at its inception in Ghana and was appointed to the Board as an Executive Director in July 2009.
- Mr. Asiedu became the CEO of Zenith Bank Ghana in January 2010.
- Mr. Asiedu has spent over sixteen years with the Zenith Bank Group.
- Mr. Asiedu is leaving Zenith Bank Ghana to head ADB after serving as the CEO for six years.
By: Lawrence Segbefia/citifmonline.com/Ghana