Fox News has fired back at Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump for his refusal to participate in their debate on Thursday night.
The network said in a statement that Mr Trump’s decision is “unprecedented” and rooted in his dislike for one of the debate hosts, Megyn Kelly.
Mr Trump clashed with Ms Kelly at a Fox News debate last year and had demanded she be removed from Thursday’s panel.
His decision to pull out has been mocked by his Republican rivals.
The debate is the final one before the first real test of the election campaign, the Iowa caucus on Monday when voters in the state pick their presidential nominee.
“Capitulating to politicians’ ultimatums about a debate moderator violates all journalistic standards, as do threats,” the Fox News network said in a statement.