Anas, Bola Ray voted 2015 Most Influential Young Ghanaians


Entertainment of Monday, 4 January 2016


Anas Aremeyaw Anas MaskedAnas Aremeyaw Anas masked

World renowned investigative journalist and CEO of Tiger Eye PI, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, has been voted the Most Influential Young Ghanaian out of a list of 50 personalities.

Notable among Anas’ works in 2015 was his undercover project which exposed a damning corruption scandal in Ghana’s judiciary. The documentary film shook the world, leading to the dismissal of several judicial workers and some judges. The secretly filmed documentary also made it as the most successful film premiere in Ghana which was shown amidst legal tussles.

The CEO of Excellence in Broadcasting Network – owners of Starr 103.5 FM – Bola Ray was the first runner-up followed by Dede Ayew of the Black Stars and Francis Xavier Sosu a legal partner, F-X Law and Associates.

Farida Bedwei, the co-founder and CTO of Logiciel Ltd who runs FinTech and serves on the National Communication Authority board was voted the most influential young female.

Public Votes accounted for 80% of total votes, whiles an Impact Assess Research conducted by the Agape Research Center made the remaining 20% of the final rankings.

“These great young achievers have toiled for Ghana, representing and influencing their motherland positively across diverse activities and have shown their relevance among millions of young people across Ghana,” a statement from the organisers Avance Media said.

In launching what became confidently rated and endorsed by the public as the most comprehensive ranking in Ghana so far, Prince Akpah, MD of Avance Media stated, “even though 2015 was marked as a year coupled with lot of challenges, it also turned out to be a motivating one attested by the massive involvement of young people in various activities bringing at par their works and impacts.”

Below is the full list of winners:

1 Anas Aremeyaw Anas – Journalist; CEO, Tiger Eye PI

2 Bola Ray (Nathaniel Anokye Adisi) – TV & Radio Host; CEO, EIB Network

3 Dede Ayew – Footballer; Black Star &, Swansea City

4 Francis-Xavier Sosu – Lawyer; Managing Partner, F-X Law and Associates

5 Farida Bedwei – Entrepreneur; CTO, Logiciel Ltd

6 Asamoah Gyan – Philanthropist; Skipper, Black Stars

7 Dr. Naomi Adjepong – Trainer; COO, Alpha Beta Educational Centre

8 Franklin Cudjoe – Advocate; CEO, Imani Ghana

9 Tonyi Senayah – Entrepreneur; CEO, Horseman Shoes

10 Albert Kusi – Public Speaker; CEO, LEC Holdings Ltd

11 Gary Al-Smith – Journalist; Sports Host, Joy FM & Joy News

12 John Armah – Entrepreneur; CEO, Orios Group

13 Dr. Randy Osae Bediako – Entrepreneur; CEO, Kharis Group

14 Dr. William Okyere Frimpong – Doctor; Medical Director, LEKMA Polyclinic

15 Bernard Avle – TV & Radio Host; Programs Director, Citi FM

16 Martha Bissa – Athlete; Olympic Gold Medalist

17 Edem Adzaho – Trainer; CEO, Spec Consult Ltd

18 Nana Bediako Kwame – Entrepreneur; CEO, Wonda World Estates

19. Sara Nana Yeboah – Philanthropist; Co-Founder, The Sangy Foundation

20 Dr. Byrite Asamoah – Medical Doctor; Producer, Vodafone Healthline

21 Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah – Speaker; CEO, Zoweh Global Consult

22 Ato Ulzen Appiah – Social Entrepreneur; Director, Ghana Think Foundation

23 Alloysius Attah – Entrepreneur; CEO, Farmerline Ltd

24 Elizabeth Patterson – Social Entrepreneur; Girls Education Initiative Ghana

25 John Dumelo – Actor

26 Kwadwo Safo Jnr – Entrepreneur; CEO, Kantanka Group

27 Shirley Frimpong Manso – Film Maker; CEO, Sparrows Productions

28 Becca (Rebecca Acheampong) – Musician

29 Kafui Adzah – Entrepreneur; CEO, Cookhouse

30 Manasseh Azure – Journalist; Multimedia Group

31 Kobby Blay – Nurse; CEO, Ghana Health Nest

32 Israella Kafui Mansu – Entrepreneur; CEO, Mansuki Ghana Limited

33 Mercy Myles – Athlete; Skipper, Black Queens

34 Jeremiah Buabeng – Public Speaker; CEO, Buabeng Communications

35 Petra Aba Asamoah – Speaker; GM, Delta Air Lines GSA, Ghana

36 Nana Asaase – Poet; CEO, Asaase Inscriptions

37 Bright Simons – Entrepreneur; CEO, mPedigree

38 Ekow Mensah – Entrepreneur; CEO, TANOE

39. Alain Gbeasor – Entrepreneur; Chairman, Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs

40 Mabel Aku Baneseh – Journalist; Daily Graphic

41 Sarah Adwoa Safo – Politician; MP, Dome Kwabenya Constituency

42 Maximus Ametorgoh – Technologist; CEO, PopOut

43 Juliet Ibrahim – Philanthropist; CEO, Juliet Ibrahim Foundation

44 Bernard Kevin Clive – Public Speaker; CEO, BKC Consulting

45 Raindolf Owusu – Technologist; CEO, Oasis Websoft Ltd

46 Emmanuel Woyome – Speaker; CEO, Corporate Consulting Limited

47 Derrydean Dadzie – Entrepreneur; CEO, Dreamoval Ltd

48 Prosper Hoetu – Advocate; Director, YOUNET

49 Erasmus Kwaw – Journalist; Sports Host, GBC

50 Peace Hyde – TV Host; CEO, AIM Higher Africa