We have not solicited any funds from gov’t – Youth for Mahama



Politics of Sunday, 13 December 2015

Source: GNA

NDC ColoursFile photo

The Ashanti Regional leadership of “Youth for Mahama,” a pro-National Democratic Congress (NDC) youth group, has denied media reports that it was soliciting funds from the government to help organize a regional conference.

Addressing a press conference in Kumasi on Friday, Mr. Amadu Abdul Razak, Regional Coordinator of the Group, urged the public to treat the rumour with the contempt it deserved, since there was no iota of truth in that reportage.

“So far as we are concerned, ‘Youth for Mahama’ has not approached any Minister or government official with the notion of helping us raise funds for our activities,” he noted.

Mr. Abdul Razak described a Daily Guide report of Thursday, December 10, which purported that some members of the group had approached the Ashanti Regional Minister, Mr. Peter Anarfi-Mensah, to help them solicit funds for an impending regional conference as shocking.

“We are appealing to the public and all well-meaning NDC activists to be wary of people who parade themselves as members of the group to advance their hidden agenda,” he cautioned.

He told the media that the said impostors led by one Joe Tetteh was not known by the registered “Youth for Mahama” group, and warned that the leadership would seek redress at the law courts if the group was misrepresented.

Mr. Abdul Razak affirmed their resolve to work assiduously at the grassroots to enhance the party’s chances of winning next year’s polls.

“We should all remain focused on the party’s agenda,” he noted, saying with the NDC’s good track record relating to infrastructural development, good governance, fighting corruption and people-centred programmes, the Mahama-led Administration was capable of chalking a landslide victory in 2016.

He also encouraged members to take active part in the activities of the group for its sustainable growth.

Comments