General News of Tuesday, 8 December 2015
About twenty lower court judges implicated in the judicial corruption scandal exposed by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas have been sacked, Chief Justice Georgina Theodora Wood revealed on Monday December 7.
They include judges of the District and Circuit courts. Some of them have been sacked with benefits while others got dismissed without their benefits.
Below is the full list:
1. His Honour Benjamin Y. Osei – Circuit Court, Juaben
2. Her Honour Florence Otoo Ninepence – Circuit Court, Tema
3. His Honour Isaac B. Akwantey – Circuit Court , Wa
4. His Honour Alex Obeng Asante – Circuit Court, Tarkwa
5. His Honour Emmanuel K. Sunu – Circuit Court, Bolgatanga
6. His Honour Baptist Kwadwo Filson – Circuit Court, Bibiani
7. His Honour Emmanuel Opare – Circuit Court , Techiman
8. His Worship Samuel Ahiabor – District Court, Adidome
9. His Worship William Baffoe – District Court , Cape Coast
10. His Worship Michael Boamah Gyamfi – District Court, Mampongteng
11. His Worship Jacob Amponsah – District Court, Ejisu
12. His Worship Frank Kingley Oppong – District Court, Kasoa
13. His Worship Samuel Esselwalker – District Court, Bolgatanga
14. His Worship Alfred K. A Mensah – District Court, Somanya
15. His Honour Seyram Tsatsu Azumah – Circuit Court, Akropong
16. His Worship Paul K. Alhassan – District Court, Agona
17. His Worship Albert Zoogah – District Court, Ashiaman
18. His Worship Courage Ofori Afriyie – District Court, Offinso
The two others are yet to be informed about their dismissal by the judicial council through their lawyers. Their names have, therefore, been withheld.