Man Electrocuted Over TV Antenna

A 23-year-old man at Asante Asokore, a community in the Sekyere East District of the Ashanti Region, met his untimely death last Tuesday when he attempted mounting a television antenna in his house.

Richard Owusu, the deceased, who was installing the antenna obviously to receive a stronger television signal, was reportedly electrocuted when the metallic pole fixed to the antenna, purportedly hit 11,000 volts high tension cable close to the house.

However, two of his friends who were assisting him to mount the pole survived the incident.

Chukwu Joseph, Atinka FM’s Ashanti Regional correspondent, who was at the scene, said Richard Owusu and his friends were mounting a metallic round pipe fixed to the TV antenna when the unexpected happened.

Richard’s friends, who sustained burns, are responding to treatment at the Juaben Government Hospital while Richard’s mortal remains have been deposited at the morgue of the same hospital.

Meanwhile, the Effiduase police have commenced investigations into the incident.

By James Quansah, Kumasi


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments