Sports News of Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari says he ‘never had problems’ with AC Milan despite having had to truncate his stay at the club over lack of game time.
The 30-year-old has since moved on and signed a two-year deal with Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad reported to be worth €7m per season.
The former Portsmouth man was effectively on strike at San Siro from April onward before terminating his contract last month at the end of the season
But Muntari insists he never had any problems with the Rossoneri.
“Milan was like a big family,”. “Nothing happened with [Coach Filippo] Inzaghi, and I don’t want to talk about the past, I’m thinking about the future,” Muntari told a Press conference
“Honestly, that’s all there is to say. I always want to win, with Inzaghi that didn’t happen, but never mind. I never had problems with Milan, they’ll be in my heart until the day I die.
“I’m a fan, and I always will be, nothing has broken. [CEO Adriano] Galliani has always been honest with me, I couldn’t get into a fight with Milan.”