DISASTER STRUCK on Monday morning at Duase near Kumasi where a mother and daughter got killed by generator fumes in their sleep.
The deceased were identified as Amama Iddrisu, 30 and Aisha Iddrisu, three years.
They were reportedly killed by strong fumes which emanated from a generator which they slept with overnight.
The generator was said to have been placed in a different room in the house but the fumes still made its way into their room, killing them.
Husband of the dead woman, 38-year-old Iddrisu Abdulai and his sons- Rabo, five years and Omar, five months-old- who were also in the room, are said to be in critical condition.
Sources said the family was still locked in their room when other neighbours had woken up on Monday morning.
The people around therefore forcibly broke into their room only to find the family lying motionless in a room which was filled with strong fumes.
They were then rushed to the hospital for treatment, but sadly Amama Iddrisu and Aisha Iddrisu were pronounced dead on arrival.
The father and the other two sons were said to be responding to treatment as at Monday evening.
FROM I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr., Kumasi
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.