Princesses to host Senegal in World Cup qualifier

Soccer News of Monday, 6 July 2015

Source: Graphic.com.gh

Black Princesses 2014Princesses players

The Princesses have been in camp preparing for the match and Coach Bashir Hayford will find out on Saturday if they are ready to fight for a third WWC slot.

Last Thursday, the Princesses beat Soccer Intellectuals in a trial match at the Accra Stadium and despite the emphatic win, Coach Hayford said he would be satisfied when they put up the same performance in the qualifiers.

“It’s good to know that the training is going well. But winning a preparation match does not mean much, we can pat ourselves on the shoulders that we are on track when we have the same performance in the qualifiers, particularly in the opening game,” Coach Hayford said.

He, however, was happy with the way training had gone so far, though he admits more training matches would have helped and also that they were nervous ahead of the opening game.

“Qualifiers are dicey. One mistake could prove costly and until we play the first game, there will be some uneasy calm in camp.”

The 2015 Princesses squad will see some changes as there have been some changes to the team that played at the 2014 WWC in Canada.

The players who are now ineligible by age have been replaced by eligible players from the Under-17 who were at the Costa Rica WWC in 2014, while new players such as the National Women’s League (NWL) top striker, Sonia Opoku from Ampem Darkoa Ladies, have also earned a call-up.

Comments