One year on Police continue search for Castro; family believes he is alive

The Criminal Investigations Department, CID of the Police Service has extended its coastal search for hip life musician Theophilus Tagoe, popularly known as Castro, and his lady friend Janet Bandu.

The search continues exactly a year after the two went missing.

They disappeared on July 6 last year after they went on a jet-ski ride at an Ada resort.

Gloria Nyarko of Hitz FM looks back a year after Castro’s disappearance as his whereabouts remain a mystery to his family and fans alike.

She narrated how a spirited search was mounted shortly after news broke that the hiplife star had gone missing.

The search was both physical and spiritual. As the police CID went on the waters in search for Castro and her friend, spiritualists also attempted in their own way to find Castro.

Both have yet to yield any fruit. Castro and his friend remain missing a year on but the family of Castro are still nursing a faint hope he is still alive.

His father Kofi Eshun said when the incident happened the checks reveal he was not dead.

He said they are still mounting a search for him in their own way.

Meanwhile the Police CID says it has not given up on the search for Castro and Janet.

Public Relations Officer of the Police CID ASP Joseph Benefo Darkwah told Joy News they have widened their scope in the search for the two.

Interpol Ghana has sent a message to interpol in the sub-region telling them about our missing people so they should assist us.

He said they are not limited to coastal search alone but are looking elsewhere for the two.

He appealed to the general public to still volunteer information to the police.

“It is our hope and the hope of all Ghanaians that our continued search will one day yield a positive search,” he said.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments