Pastor’s Wife Autopsy Report Missing

The trial of the United Kingdom-based Ghanaian pastor, Eric Isaiah Adusah, took a surprising turn yesterday when the investigator disclosed that the full autopsy report on the late Ms. Charmaine Speirs was missing.

Detective Sergeant Divine K. Tormuh said the report, authored by Dr. Afua Abrahams, a pathologist who is currently in Cuba for a programme, could not be found at the morgue of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.

According him, the police were still making ‘strenuous efforts’ to locate where the report, which was given to one Mr. Denkyi – the morgue manager – was filed.

D/Sgt. Tormuh was emphatic that although the report had been written, where to locate it was a problem.

This was after the prosecutor, Chief Inspector Salifu Sanche, had asked the investigator to brief the court on his findings in respect of the report.

Interim Report
Dr. Abrahams, in an interim autopsy report on Ms. Speirs dated March 31, 2015, stated that the pastor’s wife died of ‘acute poising and opiate heroin’ overdose, a banned necrotic substance.

Pastor Adusah, who is accused of killing his wife, Ms. Speirs, 41 – who was pregnant for three months – had at the last sitting wanted the court to release the body of his wife to him for burial in England due to pressure from the bereaved family.

Adusah, pastor of Global Light Revival Ministries who was represented in court yesterday by Ms Freda Boateng, is being tried over the death of Ms. Speirs, between 18 and 20 March, 2015, at Mac Dic Royal Plaza Hotel in Koforidua the Eastern Regional capital.

The plea of the accused person, who has been charged with murder, has not been taken by the court.

However, Ms Boateng prayed the court for an adjournment to enable the prosecution locate the report.

She suggested a date after October 21, 2015 ‘to give the prosecution ample time’ to look for the report.

Worlanyo Kotoku, the relieving judge at the Accra Central District Magistrate Court, adjourned hearing of the case until July 29, 2015.

Pastor Adusah is currently on a GH¢200,000 bail he secured at an Accra Human Rights Court after several attempts at the magistrate court had failed.

Ms. Speirs was found dead in the bathtub of the Mac Dic Royal Plaza Hotel where the couple stayed when they visited Ghana for a programme.

Her body was discovered days after the accused had checked out and traveled to the UK – where they were based.

The police claim on the due date Ms Speirs was expected to check out, nothing was heard of her so the management of the hotel used a spare key to gain access into the room but found her dead in a bathtub with blood oozing from her nose and in a state of decomposition.

Pastor Adusah has denied knowledge of his wife’s death.

By Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson
[email protected]

More General News »

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.