Soccer News of Thursday, 18 June 2015
Ghana international Christian Atsu says he wants to open a new chapter in his career at new club Bournemouth after a below par season at Everton.
The 2015 Africa Cup of Nations MVP insists that he is tough enough to put his year-long setback behind him and move on.
The 23-year-old winger joined Everton on loan from Chelsea in the 2014 / 2015 season but failed to fit into the plans of manager Roberto Martinez, making just 13 appearances for the Toffees and providing two assists in all competitions.
“I no longer think about the past. I want to focus on my future. Things did not go well for me at Everton but that is the past and I don’t think about it anymore,” Atsu told Goal.
“Bournemouth is a new challenge for me and a place for me to prove myself. I am ready to open a new chapter in my career in England.”
Atsu claims it is a dream come true for him to ply his trade in the Premier League.
“The Premier League is the best league in the world and I am happy I signed for Bournemouth on loan. It’s a dream come true to play here. I want to always play with the best and I am challenging myself to shine in the new season,” he said.
After two seasons at Portuguese outfit FC Porto, Atsu joined Chelsea in September 2013 on a five-year deal and has been loaned out to three different clubs since then, including Vitesse, Everton and Bournemouth.